comhead-th comhead-th comhead-th

Friday 9 April 2010

MY LOVE FOR FLOWERS

"Roses are red, Violets are blue....."  I have always love flowers. Wherever I am, if there are flowers they never failed to attract my attention before anything else. Flowers are used  for expressing our deepest feelings of love and warmth for beloveds who mean the world to us.

As any flower lover knows, flowers have a language of their own in which they talk to us.  But then again, a gift of them for a special someone will always create its own personal meaning too.

Here are some of the meaning of flowers:

Roses (red) - Love, I love you
Violets (Blue) - I'll always be true
Ivy - Friendship
Mistletoe - Kiss me
Camellia (pink) - Longing for you
Carnation - Woman Love
For-Get-Me-Nots - True Love, memories

Having learnt the basic of how to sketch, I decided to practise  on my canvas tag .  I sketched a flower using watercolour pencil on the primed side of the canvas piece.  Water is sprayed lightly on the flower allowing the colours to bleed and expand. More colour washes are applied to the other areas. The tag is then embellished as shown below:  

                                                                                                                                            

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.                             ~ by Terri Guillemets

2 comments:

Shaz said...

I love the sketching of the flower using watercolour pencil on the canvas tag..

Puan Sri Toh Ee Siew said...

Yes Sharon,the watercolour effect is simply gorgeous, love this technique particularly on canvas. Thanks for visiting! Regards.